I think alcohol may have been involved in the designing of these buildings…
1. Mind House (Barcelona, Spain)
Kind of like living in a giant hedgehog.
2. The Crooked House (Sopot, Poland)
How could you tell if you were drunk or sober?
3. Stone House (Portugal)
4. Lotus Temple (Delhi, India)
5. Cathedral of Brasilia (Brazil)
Would be difficult to resist the temptation to run up the sides, although I would imagine that would be rather offensive…
6. La Pedrera (Barcelona, Spain)
Can anyone else see the faces in the attic apartments? No? Just me then…
7. Atomium (Brussels, Belgium)
Designing this this took some balls.
8. Museum of Contemporary Art (Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
Someone had a craving for a bowl of Kellogg’s cornflakes when they designed this.
9. Kansas City Library (Missouri, USA)
Well at least there’s no doubt about what’s inside. Thank goodness it wasn’t a public toilet, that’s all I’m saying.
10. Low impact woodland house (Wales, UK)
Is that you Gandalf?
11. Guggenheim Museum (Bilbao, Spain)
Apparently the architect, Frank Gehry was asked to design something ‘daring and innovative’. I think he succeeded.
12. Rotating Tower, Dubai, UAE
Kind of like a giant stuck zip. Pretty cool though.
13. Habitat 67 (Montreal, Canada)
Because we all want to live in a real life game of Jenga.
14. Casa da musica (Porto, Portugal)
Is it supposed to be that way up? I don’t even know any more.
15. Nautilus House (Mexico City, Mexico)
Is it supposed to be an onion? A meringue? Answers on a postcard.
16. Conch Shell House, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
17. House Attack (Vienna, Austria)
How did they even do that?
18. Bibliotheca Alexandrina (Egypt)
19. Cubic Houses (Kubus woningen) (Rotterdam, Netherlands)
Someone ought to buy him a set square.
20. Wonderworks (Pigeon Forge, TN, USA)
I didn’t even know which way up this photo was supposed to go. Weird.
21. The Basket Building (Ohio, USA)
Yogi bear’s dream home.
22. Kunsthaus (Graz, Austria)
Kind of like a giant hippo has been flipped onto its side and amputated. Actually, I take that back. It’s exactly like a hippo has been flipped onto its side and amputated.
23. Forest Spiral (Darmstadt, Germany)
The more I look at this the weirder it gets. I’m guessing he was not a fan of symmetry.
24. Wooden Gagster House (Archangelsk, Russia)
I really hope the owners are non smokers. Which was your favourite?